Oxford Diecast is a leading British Company that supplies diecast vehicles and railway products to the collector, gift, hobby and promotional markets. Started in 1993 Oxford has a collectors club with worldwide membership and subsidiaries companies in China and North America.
Oxford Diecast continues to develop new product at an incredible rate and in 2017 will launch over 400 items, with plans to increase this to over 500 in 2018.
Our aim is to compete in all sectors of the diecast market, in all scales and in all countries. Our recent entry into the railway market has drawn a lot of attention and we have more ranges already in development for future expansion.
This AEC Matador artillery tractor is a replica of the vehicle operated by the British and Commonwealth forces in France during WWII, where it was used mainly for towing medium sized guns. The Matador was a typical AEC vehicle of the period, with flat fronted cab to accommodate the crew of one, a curved roof and a canvas backed rear load area. It was a 4 x 4 vehicle with an AEC 7.6 litre engine and a speed of around 30 mph. Used by the British Army Royal Artillery, it is decorated in drab olive with a grey canvas back and features the name 'Gazala' above the split windscreen. The Battle of Gazala, named after a small town about 40 miles from Tobruk in Libya, was an important WWII battle in the Western Desert Campaign, which took place in the middle of 1942. After WWII, the Matador continued in a useful role as a recovery truck and general-purpose contractor vehicle. As a 4 x 4, it was also used for off-road jobs such as forestry and even saw service as a showmans vehicle.
Bound to be snapped up by 00 gauge railway enthusiasts, particularly those favouring London, Midland & Scottish from any era, this newly liveried Scammell Mechanical Horse Trailer is employed as an Express Parcels Traffic vehicle. Registered ANK 715, the three wheeler cab section is maroon with white LMS lettering. The trailer is also maroon on a black chassis, with the upper sides and roof painted black. The lower sides of the trailer carry the LMS lettering in yellow with ‘LMS Express Parcels Traffic’ printed white against the black upper body. The Scammell was synonymous with railway goods yards for decades with LMS being one of the Big Four prior to the nationalisation of the railways.
The Scammell Scarab was used widely for internal transport within the military and here we see it once more in RAF livery. The body and trailer sides are decorated in dark blue and the model comes with a black chassis, black interior and black mudguards and wheel hubs. With military number plate 19 AN 80, other military markings include the RAF roundel on the front with a crest on the cab doors. The Scammell badge sits proudly at the top of the familiar shaped Scammell radiator with integral single light and incorporating the horse's head, signifying the Scarab's alter ego - the mechanical horse. To round off the vehicle, the flatbed trailer floor has been painted to create a light brown planked effect.
This model marks the Swansea Festival of Transport 2015 event which is held annually in June. This year sees the Festival's 22nd Anniversary.
For more information about the event please visit www.swanseatransportfest.co.uk. As always we will be attending the event which takes place this year on Sunday 21st June, 10:30am - 4:00pm in Swansea City Centre.
This Oxford Armstrong Siddeley Hurricane is a replica of the elegant motor produced between 1946 and 1953. Only around 2600 were made of the real thing and not many changes were made to it during its production lifetime. Designed as a four seater, two door body - with suicide doors opening forwards - it was classed as a drophead coupe and was based on the Lancaster of 1945. Featuring a 1991 or 2309 cc engine, it had a four speed manual gearbox and when launched cost £1151.
The Minor was launched at the Earls Court Motor Show, London, on 20 September 1948. The prototype had been known as the Morris Mosquito, and some later models were called Morris Minor 1000. At launch there were two variants, the standard 2-door saloon, and the tourer (convertible),the 4-door saloon arrived in 1950. The wood-framed estate, the Traveller, plus a panel van and a pick-up truck version were introduced later with the Series II upgrades in 1952. The Traveller was very popular, and remained in production until 1971, a year after the saloon had been discontinued.
The Cabriolet version from the 1950s decorated in bright Mimosa Yellow with black ‘canvas' hood, the interior floor and seating is black with the added detail of silver piping to the seats. The chassis is also black. Access was through a canopy door hinged on the right hand side of the vehicle. The door includes the windshield and window frames which closed over the occupants as a monocoque construction and secured on the left hand side. Attention to detail on the model includes silver knobs and steering wheel while the Mimosa Yellow dashboard has silver rims to the dashboard dials. Registered 171 DPO in the UK, the car was designed to be driven either on the right or the left of the road without any mechanical modifications, all down to its two seater tandem format.
The Reliant Regal - and its companion car the Reliant Robin - enjoy a special place in UK popular culture as symbols of Britain's eccentricity, appearing as ‘props' and even ‘stars' of TV and film productions and at public events, including the London 2012 Olympics.
The Reliant Regal Supervan was a light-commercial version of the original 3-wheeler Reliant Regal with a side-hinged rear door. The marque was manufactured between 1953-1973 by the Reliant Motor Company in Tamworth, who we are sure would not have foreseen the vehicle's eventual and peculiar cult status.
Our latest livery comes in a light beige colour scheme with black chassis and interior with silver exterior trim and is registered NDR 233J.
The famous engineering company David Brown, founded in Huddersfield in 1860 as a pattern manufacturing company, is well known for its tractors. Its original purpose was the design and manufacture of gear systems, specialising in machine cut gears. In 1902, it moved to the Park Works in the West Yorkshire town, where David Brown Engineering Ltd remains today as a leading supplier of heavy transmission systems. The Brown family were involved in DBT right up to 1990, when they sold their stake to the management who subsequently floated the DBT group as a public company.
The David Brown Tractor was used by the RAF for the purpose of towing aircraft. Liveried in the RAF's Middle Bronze Green, it also features the RAF roundels on the back with its official RAF number 89377 and B/5 markings.
Leading manufacturers of milk floats in Britain in the twentieth century included Smith's, Wales & Edwards, Osborne, Harbilt, Brush, Bedford and Leyland. Ours is based on a Wales & Edward Standard milk float .
The second release on this unusual three wheeler van, is Pickfords, the internationally renowned removal and storage company colour scheme of midnight blue and white, which is bound to appeal to collectors of the Pickford fleet past and present.
Our Oxford tricycle, registered BWB 39, is as working out of Waingate in Sheffield as a Parcel Express Service delivery vehicle. The Pickfords colour scheme is relieved by white lettering on both sides, silver coachlines and black wheels, wheel arches and mudflaps. The interior is also black, including the steering wheel. Red masking has been used to depict rear lights at the four corners - top and bottom of the back doors, which also incorporate two porthole style windows. A final detail comprises the fleet number M.1596 on the sides in front of the rear wheel. This Pickfords van is an interesting addition to the Oxford fleet of 1:76 scale commercial vehicles.
The Morris J Van was used extensively by the Post Office and this latest release in our small commercials series looks great in its signature bronze green with white lettering. Our little model is based on a vehicle under the control of the Telephone Manager based in Oxford, registered YLH 961, and comes with all the detail of the original, including the full colour Royal Crown on each side.